Thank you for your interest in a career with VCNCT! We are taking applications for the Executive Assistant/Office Manager position. We are also looking for volunteers and student Veteran Interns(paid). If you are interested in the full time position, volunteering, or becoming a student Veteran intern, please send a cover page stating your areas of interest and resume to [email protected].
We are looking for volunteers and student Veteran interns(paid) in some of the following areas:
1. Social Media
3. Graphic Design
4. Fund raising/Event planning
5. Data Research
We welcome any additional skill sets and creative minds!
TITLE: Executive Assistant / Office Manager
REPORTS TO: President and CEO
Responsible for providing general office management to VCNCT and also provide administrative support to the President and Chief Executive Officer to accomplish the mission, values and vision of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform office managerial duties and tasks to ensure efficient and effective office operation. Includes purchasing of kitchen and office supplies and office equipment, obtaining vendor bids, equipment maintenance, out-going mail, etc.
- Assist President with assignments for and with the Board of Directors, board meeting arrangements, catering needs, minutes
- Ability to work with high level VIP’s and partners
- Assist CFO with the administration of personnel, payroll records, employee attendance/vacation/sick records and other HR duties as assigned
- Liaison with the vendor for building maintenance and repairs
- Serve as a back up to oversee the VCNCT Website
- Manage and develop VCNCT monthly announcements and email
- Welcome and assist visitors in the office as well as assisting in answering incoming telephone calls in the absence of the volunteer receptionist.
- Assist staff members with daily computer issues and other technology needs.
- Responsible for database management system. Includes input and updates of foundation, corporate and individual donor information, special events, and producing reports
- Serve as point person for IT tasks; liaison with outside IT consultant
- Daily entry and maintenance of revenue receipts including credit card processing
- Responsible for VCNCT program sales invoices involving accounts receivable and record keeping
- Supervise administrative volunteers
- Set up new employee with emails, passwords and specific codes for daily operation
- Distribute and respond to emails sent through the VCNCT Website
- Make bank deposits daily, and/or as needed. Maintain and update files, records, and other information as needed. Photocopy and assemble accounts payable for mailing
- Assist Chief Financial Officer with monthly staff attendance, staff reimbursement, purchase card expenditures, postage stamps, and petty cash reports
- Serve as staff support for VCNCT events
- Process Bulk Mail for different programs
- Maintain and update fixed asset inventory listing
- Provide administrative support (including after hours) for all fundraising events
- Perform other duties as assigned to support organization and its work
Qualification, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Associate’s degree or higher preferred. Bi-lingual Spanish a plus.
- 3 -5 years of office administration experience. Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks.
- Experience with special event planning a plus.
- Ability to work independently on projects
- Excellent typing/computer skills. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and database management software. Some IT knowledge/experience needed.
- Knowledge of fundraising software (Raisers Edge) a p
- General knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting concepts and principles.
- Must be highly motivated with strong initiative. Must be friendly, cheerful, energetic and hard working.
- Content to work in a supportive position.
- Willingness to work with other staff members and be flexible in carrying out assignments.
- Supportive of the VCNCT mission, values, and vision.
- Experience with military a plus.